The 34 symptoms of menopause include hot flushes, irregular periods, fatigue, memory lapses, loss of libido, vaginal dryness, mood swings, panic disorder, urinary tract infection, bloating, hair loss or thinning, sleep disorders, dizziness, weight gain, incontinence, headaches, burning tongue, digestive problems, muscle tension, allergies, brittle nails, body odour change, itchy skin, osteoporosis, tingling extremities, insomnia, difficulty concentrating, irregular heartbeat, anxiety, depression, breast pain, joint pain, electric shock sensation.
The Ultimate Guide To Menopause : Your Top 100 Questions Answered
Menopause is an enigma that might make your head buzz with a 100 questions. Luckily, we’ve got all of the answers for you right here.
1. What are the 34 symptoms of menopause?
2. How long does menopause last?
You are in menopause if you haven’t had your period in 12 months, followed by post menopause which usually lasts for 4 to 5 years, if not longer.
3. What Is Menopause?
Menopause is the end of a woman’s menstruation cycle and the symptoms she goes through before and after they stop.
4. What is ladycare menopause?
Ladycare is a safe, drug free menopause magnet, easily attachable to your underwear for a discreet and comfortable way to gain relief from menopause symptoms.
5. When Does Menopause Start?
Menopause usually starts between 45 and 55. Although it could start in your 30s or in your 60s as well.
6. What is Perimenopause?
Perimenopause occurs before menopause in your 40s, or even 30s, when your ovaries produce less oestrogen. Once your ovaries stop producing eggs, perimenopause stops and menopause starts.
7. What Are The Early Signs Of The Menopause?
Irregular periods, hot flushes, breast tenderness, worsening of premenstrual syndrome, lower sex drive, fatigue, and vaginal dryness are some of the early signs of menopause.
8. How Long Do Menopause Symptoms Last?
Menopause symptoms usually last for 4 to 5 years, or longer in some cases, once your periods have stopped.
9. How To Lose Weight During Menopause?
Any improved diet, exercise and lifestyle according to the growing needs of your body, can help you lose weight during menopause.
10. What Are The Symptoms Of Menopause?
Irregular periods, hot flushes, breast tenderness, worsening of premenstrual syndrome, lower sex drive, fatigue, and vaginal dryness are some of the symptoms of menopause.
11. What Happens During Menopause?
During menopause, the ovaries do not release an egg every month causing menstruation to stop.
12. When Do Women Go Through Menopause?
Women usually go through menopause between the ages of 45 to 55. Although it could start as early as your 30s or as late as your 60s as well.
13. How To Reverse Thinning Hair After Menopause?
Consult a doctor to get a solution tailor made for your specific needs.
14. What Causes Menopause?
Menopause is caused when your ovaries stop releasing eggs leading to your menstruation to stop.
15. How To Stop Menopause Bloating?
Menopause bloating can be avoided by staying hydrated, exercising regularly, avoiding trigger foods, avoiding carbonated beverages, not chewing gum, quitting smoking, reducing salt intake, and eating probiotics.
16. How Many Missed Periods Before Menopause?
If you have missed your periods for 12 consecutive months, you’re in menopause.
17. How To Increase Libido After Menopause Naturally?
You might be able to increase your libido naturally after menopause by including black cohosh, red clover, and soy in your diet.
18. How To Overcome Menopause Depression?
You should consult a doctor who might suggest medications, therapy or any other form of help that could assist you to overcome menopause depression.
19. What Signals The End Of Menopause?
There is no clear signal indicating the end of menopause.
20. Heavy Bleeding During Menopause How To Stop?
Taking 200mg of ibuprofen (Advil) every 4-6 hours has been known to help reduce flow up to 30 percent. It can also help with menstrual cramps. But also seek the advice of your doctor.
21. What Is Post-Menopause?
Post menopause occurs in the years after menopause which see a steady fall of oestrogen as well as a decrease in menopause symptoms. It can increase the risk for health conditions such as osteoporosis and heart disease.
22. How To Test For Menopause?
A blood test to check your follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and oestrogen is usually recommended by the doctor as their levels fall during menopause, and can be used to detect menopause.
23. What Causes Uterine Fibroids To Grow After Menopause?
Uterine fibroid are known to grow after menopause if you are taking hormone replacement therapy (HRT) as it contains oestrogen and progesterone which allow fibroid to grow.
24. What Vitamins Are Good For Menopause?
Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin B6 along with Evening Primrose Oil, are known to be good for menopause.
25. What Causes Hot Flushes In Menopause?
Hot flushes occur due to changing hormone levels like oestrogen and progesterone that affect body’s temperature control.
26. How To Treat Menopause?
Menopause is not a disease that has a cure, but there are a number of things that can help manage your menopause symptoms.
27. How To Decrease Breast Size After Menopause?
Diet, exercise, reduction of oestrogen, binding and changing your bra, might help decrease your breast size after menopause.
28. How To Stop Hair Loss During Menopause?
Reducing stress, exercising, eating well, hydrating, and consulting your doctor are some of the ways that can help stop your hair loss during menopause.
29. How to regrow pubic hair after menopause?
You might want to consult your doctor regarding this as the cause may vary as pubic hair loss might not be caused by menopause alone.
30. What Is Good For Menopause?
Maintaining a healthy diet, regular exercise, and a change in lifestyle to accommodate the growing needs of your body are good for menopause.
31. How To Cope With Menopause Naturally?
Adding food rich in Calcium and Vitamin D, and lots of fruits and vegetables, exercising, hydrating, cutting out sugar and taking supplements like Evening Primrose Oil are some of the ways to cope with menopause naturally.
32. What Are The Best Supplements For Menopause?
Black cohosh, flaxseed, calcium, red clove, vitamin D, wild yam, ginseng, St. John's Wort, and Evening Primrose Oil, are some of the best supplements for menopause.
33. How To Deal With Surgical Menopause?
Avoiding habits that trigger hot flushes, using a water-based vaginal lubricant during sex, keeping the bedroom cool & quiet for better sleep plus relaxing and meditating can help deal with surgical menopause.
34. What To Eat During Menopause?
During menopause it is recommended to eat protein, phytoestrogen-containing foods, fruits and vegetables, whole grains, healthy fats and dairy products.
35. What Causes Night Sweats In Menopause?
Night sweats during menopause are caused due to decrease in the production of oestrogen which confuses the hypothalamus into thinking that the body is overheated, thereby leading to the activation of your sweat glands.
36. What to take for perimenopause?
There are a number of supplements you can take for perimenopause including multivitamins and evening primrose oil.
37. what is the difference between perimenopause and menopause?
Perimenopause includes irregular periods, menopause starts after 12 months of your last menstruation cycle.
38. When Does Post Menopause Begin?
Post menopause begins at a different time for every woman.
39. What To Expect Post Menopause?
Luckily, post menopause symptoms such as hot flushes, night sweats might reduce in intensity and frequency over time.
40. What Is Post Menopause Age?
Women usually go through menopause between the ages of 45 to 55. Although it could start as early as your 30s or as late as your 60s as well. The years after menopause are referred to as post-menopause.
41. When Do Periods Stop During Menopause?
Periods stop at a different point in time for every woman during menopause.
42. How Long Does Menopause Anxiety Last?
Hormonal changes of oestrogen and progesterone during perimenopause can trigger anxiety. It dies down during post menopause as your hormones begin to balance out.
43. What Causes Hot Flashes After Menopause?
A decrease in oestrogen causes hot flushes after menopause.
44. How Early Can You Go Through Menopause?
You might go through menopause as early as in your 30s.
45. How Long Do Menopause Mood Swings Last?
Mood swings are caused due to hormonal imbalance of oestrogen and progesterone. As hormones balance out during post-menopause, your mood swings might also reduce accordingly.
46. What Causes Low Iron After Menopause?
Bleeding in the stomach and intestines caused by stomach ulcer, stomach cancer, bowel cancer, or by taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, can cause low iron after menopause.
47. How Long Should You Take Hrt For Menopause?
You can discuss the duration of your HRT treatment with your doctor. There is no limit as such. HRT is usually taken until your menopause symptoms pass.
48. How To Increase Sex Drive After Menopause?
Hormone replacement therapy, lubricant, exercise, focus on communicating and being intimate with your partner, are ways to increase sex drive after menopause.
49. How Does Menopause Affect Sleep?
Hormonal changes lead to menopause symptoms such as hot flushes, night sweats, and mood swings, which can affect the quality of your sleep during menopause.
50.How Does Progesterone Help Menopause?
Exactly how progesterone relieves menopause symptoms is still unclear.
51. How Does Smoking Affect Menopause?
Women who smoke might go into menopause earlier, and tend to have worse menopause symptoms like hot flushes.
52. How Long Do Menopause Symptoms Last After Hysterectomy?
After hysterectomy menopause symptoms are known to last approximately for 7.4 years.
53. How Long Does Fatigue Last During Menopause?
Fatigue usually lasts around 8 years or more, approximately the same duration as other menopause symptoms do.
54. How Much Black Cohosh Should I Take For Menopause?
During studies, 20-40 milligram tablets of black cohosh were administered twice a day. It's dosage in different forms might be vary and shouldn’t be taken for more than 6 months.
55. How Much Calcium Do I Need After Menopause?
The recommended intake of calcium after menopause is 500mg-700mg.
56. How Much Evening Primrose Oil Should I Take For Menopause?
Two tablets of 1000mg Evening Primrose Oil are recommended for menopause.
57. How Much Soy For Menopause Symptoms?
There is no recommended amount of soy for menopause symptoms.
58. How To Balance Hormones After Menopause?
To balance hormones after menopause you should eat ample amounts of protein, exercise regularly, manage stress, eat fatty fish and avoid sugar, among other things.
59. How To Control Heavy Bleeding During Menopause?
Taking 200mg of ibuprofen (Neurofen) every 4-6 hours could help reduce your flow by up to 30 percent. It can also help with menstrual cramps.
60. How To Deal With Menopause Dizziness?
To manage menopause dizziness it is important to keep your blood sugar levels balanced by having snacks, hydrating, managing stress and standing up slowly after sitting or lying down.
61. How To Prevent Osteoporosis After Menopause?
Exercising, sufficient intake of calcium through diet and supplements, getting enough vitamin D, limiting your alcohol and smoke intake, could help prevent osteoporosis after menopause.
62. How To Regulate Body Temperature During Menopause?
Controlling the air temperature using air conditioning or a fan, drinking cold beverages and wearing loose fitting clothing are some of the ways to regulate body temperature during menopause.
63. How To Stop Menopause Itching?
Supplements such as vitamin C, gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) like evening primrose oil, collagen peptides, and omega-3 fatty acids, might help stop menopause itching.
64. What Are Fsh Levels During Menopause?
When the FSH blood level is consistently elevated to 30 mIU/mL or higher, a woman is usually known to be in menopause.
65. What Are Normal Estrogen Levels After Menopause?
A normal level of oestrogen is 30-400 picograms per milliliter (pg/mL), but after menopause, it might fall below 30 pg/mL.
66. What Are Symptoms Of Post Menopause?
Hot flushes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, urinary urgency, and insomnia, are some of the symptoms of post menopause.
67. What Are Symptoms Of Peri Menopause?
Hot flashes, breast tenderness, worse premenstrual syndrome, lower sex drive, fatigue, irregular periods, vaginal dryness, and discomfort during sex, are symptoms of perimenopause.
68. Urine leakage when coughing or sneezing?
Menopause weakens the pelvic floor muscles that might result in urine leaking through the urethra and out of the body during sudden actions like coughing.
69. What Are The Hormonal Changes In Menopause?
The production of progesterone stops, while the levels of oestrogen and testosterone fall drastically in menopause.
70. What Causes Acne After Menopause?
Hormones, change in medications, genes, stress, and cosmetics used on skin and hair, might cause acne after menopause.
71. What Causes Ovarian Cysts After Menopause?
The most common causes of ovarian cysts after menopause includes non-cancerous growths and fluid collection in the ovary.
72. What Causes Thickening Of The Uterus After Menopause?
Excess of oestrogen and less of progesterone can cause thickening of uterus after menopause.
73. What Happens To Endometriosis After Menopause?
Endometriosis symptoms usually subsides after menopause, but they might continue if they are related to other health problems.
74. What Happens To Fibroids During Menopause?
Fibroids need oestrogen to grow. During menopause the level of oestrogen decreases, which usually reduces the risk of developing fibroid, as well as in many cases, actually shrinks existing ones.
75. What Is The Best Hormone Therapy For Menopause?
Systemic estrogen, which comes in pill, skin patch, gel, cream or spray form, is known to be the most effective treatment for menopause.
76. What Is The Difference Between Pre And Post Menopause?
Perimenopause is the first phase of menopause that starts eight to 10 years before menopause. Post menopause is the phase following menopause.
77. What Is Evening Primrose Oil Good For The Menopause?
Evening Primrose Oil is good for menopause symptoms such as hot flushes.
78. How To Deal With Menopause Symptoms?
Adding food rich in Calcium and Vitamin D, and lots of fruits and vegetables, exercising, hydrating, cutting out sugar and taking supplements, are some of the ways to cope with menopause.
79. What Are The Signs Of Post Menopause?
You’re in menopause if you haven’t had your periods for 12 consecutive months. The phase immediately after that is post menopause.
80. What Are The Symptoms Of Perimenopause?
Irregular periods, hot flushes, breast tenderness, worsening of premenstrual syndrome, lower sex drive, fatigue, and vaginal dryness are some of the early signs of menopause.
81. What Causes Headaches During Menopause?
The hormone levels of oestrogen and progesterone fall during menopause and there are several hormonal fluctuations which can lead to headaches.
82. What Causes Insomnia In Menopause?
Sleep onset insomnia, hot flashes, night sweats, obstructive sleep apnea, less time spent in REM sleep, and restless legs syndrome can cause insomnia in menopause.
83. What Causes Nausea In Menopause?
The level of progesterone in your body declines during menopause which causes nausea.
84. How To Get Better Sleep During Menopause?
Wearing loose clothes, maintaining cool temperature, avoiding certain spicy and caffeine rich food, a regular bedtime, exercising, and avoiding napping during the day, can all help you to get better sleep during menopause.
85. What Does Menopause Do To Your Skin?
Menopause causes a drop in collagen which leads to loss of fat under your skin and a decrease in the elasticity of your skin around your neck, jawline and cheeks.
86. Why Take Hrt After Menopause?
A lot of women and doctors believe that HRT is the most effective treatment for menopause symptoms.
87. What Can Cause Premature Menopause?
Chromosome defects, Genetics, Autoimmune diseases, Surgery to remove the ovaries, and Chemotherapy can cause premature menopause.
88. How Young Can You Get Premature Menopause?
You can get menopause as young as in your 30s. Premature menopause can be caused due to a number of natural and surgical reasons.
89. How To Stop Sweating During Menopause?
Wear loose clothes, maintain a cool temperature, avoid certain spicy food, have a regular bedtime, and exercise, can help you stop sweating during menopause.
90. What Causes Sore Nipples In Menopause?
Hormonal changes cause fluid to build up in the breasts, making them feel swollen and tender. This results in the nipples becoming sore as well.
91. How Long Does Surgical Menopause Symptoms Last?
Similar to natural menopause, surgical menopause last for different amounts of time for different women.
92. How To Deal With Surgical Menopause
You should consult your doctor to get a better idea of how to deal with surgical menopause to fit your individual needs.
93. How To Deal With Anxiety During Menopause?
You can deal with your anxiety during menopause by watching your diet, getting some exercise, relaxation techniques, getting enough sleep, maintaining a positive attitude, various medical treatments and therapy.
94. How To Deal With Depression During Menopause?
Visiting a therapist can help you deal with depression during menopause.
95. How To Deal With Menopause Mood Swings
Medication, therapy, and lifestyle changes can help deal with menopausal mood swings.
96. Why Am I So Tired During Menopause?
The physical, mental and emotional symptoms along with diet, nutritional deficiency and exercise, might be the reason you’re tired during menopause.
97. Why does intercourse hurt after menopause?
Decrease in oestrogen levels leads to your vagina becoming dry and thin, which results in friction and pain during intercourse.
98. When does menopause brain fog end?
There is no specific time period. Menopause brain fog ends at different times for different women.
99. When does menopause brain fog end?
You can buy menopause at a number of places in the UK. however most women prefer to make it themselves.
100. What is male menopause?
Male menopause is a phase occurring in the middle age of a man's life, that corresponds to female menopause. The symptoms are loss of energy and identity crisis.
50 Shades Of Menopause
Menopause walks in with its 50 menopausal symptoms, bends you to it's will and tries to make you it's slave. Here's an article to help you hold your own and enjoy the ride.
Have You Read The Top 5 Blogs About Menopause ?
Blogs about menopause are a dime a dozen. It can be confusing to know which ones to follow. So here we have a list to help you get the best advice from the best know-it-alls on menopause there are.
10 best books for menopause
Menopause is a mystery for most women. Here we have some of the best authors decoding menopause for you in the most simple terms to make your ride an enjoyable one.